Vegan Carrot Cake With Creamy Frosting
3 cups all purpose flour
3/4 cup sugar
2 tspn baking powder
1 tspn baking soda
1/2 tspn salt
1/2 tspn mixed spice
1/2 tspn cinnamon powder
1 cup corn oil
1 cup fresh orange/lemon juice
2 tbps vinegar
2 cups grated carrots
1/2 cup raisns
1 cup roasted walnut, roughly chopped
1/3 cup candied nutmeg, chopped
(1) combine ingredients (A) into a big mixing bowl, mix well.
(2) beat together ingredients (B) and then stir into (A) mixture till well combined.
(3) lastly, add in ingredients (C) and mix well.
(4) pour batter to a 9" tray lined with grease proof paper and bake at preheated oven 175'C for about 45-50 mins.
(5) once done, leave cool and then spread on desired frosting.
Ingredients for Vegan frosting :
1-1/2 cup icing sugar
25ml lemon + lime juice
one lemon zest
(beat together all ingredients till nice & fluffy)
# Double up this recipe if you want to spread a double layer cake, or you may use a smoother frosting recipe from here.