When 'Nian Gao' Meets Sago
Here's what I did.
300gm sago (white), soaked for 30mins
Pandan leaves/screw pine leaves
300gm grated young coconut (about half nut)
1/4 tspn salt
*some 'nian gao', cubed
(1) combine grated coconut with salt, mix well and steam for 10mins. Then leave cool completely.
(2) now, simmer sugar and water till dissolved with pandan leaves. Then discharge the leaves.
(3) add sugar mixture into sago and mix well. .
(4) pour sago mixture into a 9/10" tray with oil coating, then arrange 'nian gao' cubes into sago mixture.
(5) finally, steamed for 30mins over high heat.
(6) leave cool completely before cutting & coating them with steamed coconut.
homemade pastry puff. Don't you love it too? Slurp....
I'm sending this to Shaz & Suresh @ Muhibbah Malaysian Monday.
( nian gao, chinese cuisines, desserts, sweets )