Savory Tomato Pastry Puff Tart

I've actually just recovered from my fever, bad flu, sore throat and cough. I know, it was bad! I'm still feeling a little tired and can hardly cook for my family. I'm glad my schedule posts running quite well for this whole week, even without my attendance. Well, I guess it's time to go back to my kitchen to make some yummy food for my kids. Probably, something simple and not stressful. Come on, let's follow me to the kitchen!

Ingredients for Pastry Puff Dough :
250gm all purpose flour
15gm shortening
130ml cold water
1 tbsp vinegar
* 200gm butter
20gm all purpose flour
(I used 200gm pastry margarine)

Method : Please refer here & Folding method refer here.

I've always stock up my homemade puff pastry in the freezer. Then I can pull it out and use it at anytime I want. I saw the readymade pastry available at the supermarket the other day. It cost about RM5.00 per packet (Kawan brand) which is only half of my size. Pastry puff making isn't that hard! Maybe you should try making your own too.

In my today's recipe, I only used half pastry dough and roll it out into 14x10" flat sheet. Next, fold in all four sides and pressed with a fork. So that the wet mixture will not spill out.

Ingredients for fillings :
2 small eggs
1/4 cup milk
salt & pepper to taste
1/2 cup cheese
4 tomatoes, sliced
some fresh rosemary
a dash of crashed black peppercorn

Next, spread on the egg mixture (combination of eggs, milk, salt & pepper) and cheese then follow by chopped sausage. Decorate the top with sliced tomatoes and some fresh rosemary. And for the final touch, not to forget to sprinkle a dash of crashed black peppercorn.

Finally, bake at preheated oven 195-200'C for about 25-30 mins or untill brown.

Ta...Da... It's all done! Well. what do you think?

Now, who said sick people can not cook???? :o)
(pastry, snack, appertizer)
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...