Frankly, this is the biggest project I've ever done so far and really proud of myself. Thinking of 2 years back, I know nothing about the making of dulce de leche, sponge fingers, cream mousse and has always lack of ingredients in making almost everything. But now, I am confidence enough to make something which is impossible. Probably, the PASSIONATE in baking has such power to keep me motivate. and I'm glad I didn't give up. It took me about 2 days to complete the whole cake and also the photo shoot. Finally...finally.... yay....
Ingredients for sponge disk :
4 eggs, separated
120gm all purpose flour/superfine flour
1 tbsp corn starch
1 tbsp rice flour
* 8 tbsp icing sugar for final dusting
(1) for sponge making, please refer here.
(2) prepare 3 sheets of greaseproof paper and a 8" round tray.
(3) by using the tray, draw a circle onto each sheet of paper.
(4) pipe on the batter starting from the centre of the circle.
(5) sprinkle ont half of the icing sugar and let to rest for 5 mins before sprinkle on the rest of the remaining sugar.
(6) finally, bake at preheated oven 190'C for about 10 mins and rotate the tray and bake for another 10 mins.
(7) remove all biscuit from papers and leave to cool completely.
TO ASSEMBLE :
(1) by using a 8" spring foam pan lined with aluminium foil.
(2) place in one biscuit at the bottom of the tray.
(3) now, pipe the dulce de leche mousse onto the biscuit from the centre heading out.
(4) repeat untill everything completed.
(5) keep chilled for an hour.
Finally, fill piping bag with chestnut paste and drizzle the paste on top of the biscuit. For the finishing, dust the top with icing sugar and serve. The chestnut paste is best to prepare one or two days before.
I've tried a number of our local branded sweetened condensed milk in making dulce de leche for the past 2 years; and so far this is the best brand I've ever tried. It has such best DDL texture ever compare to others. It's the yellow label TEA POT brand. Errr... this is not a paid post ya!
Ingredients for Duche De Leche Mousse :
250gm cream cheese, softened at room temperature
200gm dulce de leche
1 cup whipping cream
(beat cream cheese and dulce de leche untill smooth, then fold in whipped cream and mix till well combined. Do not over mix!)
So........ do this looks mouthwatering to you????