Did I ever mention that I've never make my own swiss rolls before? Seriously, this is actually my first attempt. ha... Isn't that funny! Being an all time baker, swiss roll has be the last on the list. Since I still have some frozen strawberry puree which is just wonderful.... spring bake to most of you! Besides, I'm also trying to clear up whatever left in my freezer cause I'm getting a NEW refrigerator next week. My old fridge hasn't been working well eversince 3 months ago. It's time to bring in the new one. Getting excited!
Ingredients for Sponge :
1 tspn vanilla extract
1/4 tspn salt
90gm all purpose flour
1 tbsp milk powder
1 tbsp strawberry puree, chilled
(1) beat eggs & sugar untill pale and creamy.
(2) stir in salt, vanilla extract, milk powder and flour, mix to combine.
(3) spoon in strawberry puree and don't over mix.
(4) pour the batter to a 10x14" tray lined with greaseproof paper.
(5) bake at preheated oven 175'C for about 35 mins.
(6) once it's ready, place sponge up side down to a piece of greaseproof paper.
(7) remove away the bottom cake paper.
(8) cut one end 45 degree and straight away roll it up when it's still warm.
(9) leave the sponge rest untill totally cooled.
TO ASSEMBLY :
(1) open up the sponge and spread on the strawberry cream cheese mousse evenly.
(2) again roll it up from the angle edge and wrap with greaseproof paper.
(3) keep refrigerated untill it's set before serving.
Ingredients for Strawberry Cream Cheese Mousse :
Please refer here.
I'm not sure about others but I like my swiss rolls with lots of cream. I like the creamy touch in between. The addition of strawberry on the sponge, simply alluring! So, enjoy!