Ingredients for Chicken Pie Filling :
300-400gm shredded leftover chicken meat
2 stalks celery, diced
1 green bell pepper, diced
1 large onion, diced
a handful of button mushroom, sliced
1 tbsp flour
1 cup milk
1 tspn mixed herbs
salt & pepper
1/2 cup finely shredded carrot
(1) preheat pan with enough butter.
(2) stir in celery, onion, bell pepper and mushroom, simmer over medium heat for about 5 mins.
(3) add in shredded chicken, salt & pepper, mixed herbs and flour, then mix well.
(4) now, stir in milk and simmer untill thicken.
(5) off the heat, add in carrot and mix to combine.
(6) and leave cool completely.
Ingredients for Pie Crust :
2-1/2 cups all purpose flour
1 tspn salt
1 tspn sugar
226gm cold butter, cubed
6-8 tbsp ice water
(1) combine flou, salt and sugar, mix well.
(2) rub in cold butter untill well combined.
(3) finally add in ice water little by little, untill the dough is form & hold together.
(4) wrap with plastic sheet and keep chilled for one hour and up to 2 days.
(5) let the dough sit at room temperature for 5-10 mins before rolling it.
(6) now, divide into 2 portion and roll the dough out between 2 plastic sheets.
(7) place one dough into a 9" pie tray and make a few holes on the base dough.
(8) spread on the filling and cover the top with the remain dough sheet.
(9) sealed the side nicely and brush on egg glaze.
(10) finally, bake at preheated oven 180-'C for about 25-30 mins.
Hmm..mm... what else to say! This is definitely something luscious made of leftover roasted chicken meat. I also love using my leftover chicken meat in my sandwiches and cold salad. Everything fully utilized, right!
Not forgetting, we are celebrating Mother's Day on this weekend. I'm still not very sure what to make for the coming weekend. Hopefully, they'll be something interesting. Hope you're all having a fabulous time.
WISHING YOU ALL A VERY HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY!
For a little surprise, click here to find out.