Friday, May 6, 2011

100% Chicken Pie

Has anyone of you came across the movie called 'Sweeny Todd'? 'Sweeny Todd', the demon barber of the fleet street, starring by my favourite actor Johnny Depp. An excellence movie! The movie is about this man coming back for revenge and started killing all his customers. After killing those people, he will 'polishes them off' by making meat pie. Yeap... delicious meat pie! Finally, those pie lovers accidentally discovered a finger in one of the pie. Only then, they figured out they have been eating human meat pie all this while. Yikes! Well, mine is definitely a 100% chicken meat pie! hahaha.....

Ingredients for Chicken Pie Filling :
300-400gm shredded leftover chicken meat
2 stalks celery, diced
1 green bell pepper, diced
1 large onion, diced
a handful of button mushroom, sliced
1 tbsp flour
1 cup milk
1 tspn mixed herbs
salt & pepper
1/2 cup finely shredded carrot

Method :
(1) preheat pan with enough butter.
(2) stir in celery, onion, bell pepper and mushroom, simmer over medium heat for about 5 mins.
(3) add in shredded chicken, salt & pepper, mixed herbs and flour, then mix well.
(4) now, stir in milk and simmer untill thicken.
(5) off the heat, add in carrot and mix to combine.
(6) and leave cool completely.


Ingredients for Pie Crust :
2-1/2 cups all purpose flour
1 tspn salt
1 tspn sugar
226gm cold butter, cubed
6-8 tbsp ice water

Method :
(1) combine flou, salt and sugar, mix well.
(2) rub in cold butter untill well combined.
(3) finally add in ice water little by little, untill the dough is form & hold together.
(4) wrap with plastic sheet and keep chilled for one hour and up to 2 days.
(5) let the dough sit at room temperature for 5-10 mins before rolling it.
(6) now, divide into 2 portion and roll the dough out between 2 plastic sheets.
(7) place one dough into a 9" pie tray and make a few holes on the base dough.
(8) spread on the filling and cover the top with the remain dough sheet.
(9) sealed the side nicely and brush on egg glaze.
(10) finally, bake at preheated oven 180-'C for about 25-30 mins.

Hmm..mm... what else to say! This is definitely something luscious made of leftover roasted chicken meat. I also love using my leftover chicken meat in my sandwiches and cold salad. Everything fully utilized, right!

Not forgetting, we are celebrating Mother's Day on this weekend. I'm still not very sure what to make for the coming weekend. Hopefully, they'll be something interesting. Hope you're all having a fabulous time.
*
WISHING YOU ALL A VERY HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY!
*
For a little surprise, click here to find out.

35 comments:

Sonia (Nasi Lemak Lover) said...

Nice pie you have there, simple and good. Happy Mother's day to you too.

鲸鱼蓝蓝蓝 said...

哇....馅很满,我爱:P

Honey Bee Sweets said...

Hey hey Kristy, talk about coincidental! I baked a batch of small chicken pot pies yesterday and I delivered to my mum today, heehee! Will be posting it on Sunday. Yours sure looks fabulous! Made me regret not baking a big one, lol!  thanks for sharing this! Happy Mother's Day to you too!

CaThY said...

This is so yummy!

Nammi said...

just saw your little surprise, very cool :), thats a delicious looking chicken pie, :) have a nice week end !!!

Food, Fun and Life in the Charente said...

Mmmmmm this chicken pie sounds really delicious. Diane

Ana Rita said...

Wonderfull pie!!!I would love it for lunch now please!!! :)

Kisses,
Rita

Small Kucing said...

am not into pie but your seems so delicious

Vivian Pang said...

What a rich and flavourful pie. Yum!

Belinda @zomppa said...

Is it wrong that all I could think about were meat pies after seeing Johnny Depp sing about them? This pie looks perfect.

Blackswan said...

Happy Mother's Day to u too, Kristy! I've also visited your 2nd baby & left my comments there :)

Andrea@WellnessNotes said...

Your chicken pie looks great, but I have a hard time looking at it after reading the plot line of that movie!

The surprise was very cool!

Happy Mother's Day!

Pegasuslegend said...

Have a great mothers day I would if someone would bake this awesome pie for me!

ICook4Fun said...

Happy Mother's Day Kristy!! Love chicken pie. Now you make me want to bake one too this weekend :)

Velva said...

Glad to know that this pie is made of the meat I do enjoy-chicken. This baked pie we call a Chicken pot pie in the U.S.- A very satisfying and comforting dish.

Velva

Roxan said...

I tried watching Sweeny Todd before, after hearing what a great movie it is. Little did I know... it's a musical! Musicals aren't really my thing so I turned it off after a few minues. Great looking pie though! I love pot pie :)

PS This is Roxan (from kitchen meditation). Please note my new blog address! ;]

Heavenly Housewife said...

What a beautiful chicken pie! Thanks for giving me an idea of what to do with my annoying neighbours daaaaahling ;)
*kisses* HH

Jeannie said...

Thats lovely! and I love watching that movie too, Johnny Depp is indeed a great actor! Yummy pie:D Happy Mothers' Day to you too Kristy

Cathy said...

This is my idea of true comfort food. And your crust is picture perfect.

Sweeny Todd's version of meat pie creepy and creative. I'll have to check out the movie.

divya said...

wow.. i am drooling here.looks so good..

Cooking Gallery said...

Haha...I am glad it's 100% chicken pie without human fingers ;). Love the creamy filling, Kristy, you're always so good at creating very homey meals :)!

Fimère said...

un vrai régal cette tarte au poulet, j'adore
bonne journée

Lyndsey said...

Haha you are so funny...I love Johnny Depp too, he has played some interesting characters! I love chicken pie and it's been awhile since I've made it...maybe there hasn't been many people bothering me lately...hehe! JK! Only 100% chicken in my pies! ;D

Angie's Recipes said...

I have never made the chicken pie...yours looks so buttery and crumbly!

~~louise~~ said...

Never saw the movie which is probably a good thing. Not having that delectable Chicken Pie in front of me is not so good...It sounds delicious Kristy.

Thank you so much for sharing. Wishing YOU a wonderful Mother's Day too!!!

reanaclaire said...

Reminded me of the song American Pie when I look at your drooling chicken pie!

Hayley said...

Mmmm.. chicken pie, my favourite!!
Happy Mother's Day Kristy!!

Elra's cooking and baking said...

Delicious, and hard to resist when I see savory pie such as chicken pie.

Cheah said...

Kristy
Any leftovers for me?? Yum, yum!

lena said...

kristy, seeing your chicken pie also inspire me to make some. No, i did not watch that movie but sounds like that " xx char siu pau"movie, you know which one..

alwayswinner786 said...

Kristy awesome chicken pie!
You share a great idea what to do with our leftover enemies (haha)!

Very Very Happy Mother's Day dear!

Alice Law said...

Ohh... wht a coincident, I hv made apple pie for my mom ths mother's day!^^

Yours look great!

My Little Space said...

Sonia : You too, dear.

Blue Wale : haha... am glad you like it too.

Bee : While I would love to try the mini size ones.

CaThy : Thanks!

Nammi : Thank you! Hope you like it there too!

Diane : Thank you!

Rita : Sorry dear, there's non left!

Kathy : I love hot chicken pie. Smell really delish.

Vivian : Thanks alot!

Belinda : haha... nothing wrong at all! But I'm glad you like still liking it. :o)

Shirley : Thank you very much. Hope you like it there too.

Andrea : haha... frankly, the movie is fantastic. You should watch it some time.

Claudia : You too! I'm sure you'll have a great time!

Gert : Have fun and enjoy your trip!

My Little Space said...

Velva : haha... Thanks very much. I'll kep that in mind.

Roxan : Not much singing actually. The singing is quite interesting though. You should finish the movie. Thanks for keeping me inform. I'll check the new address.

HH : HAHAHA... are you kidding!

Jeannie : Oooo... I adored him so much.

Cathy : Hope you'll enjoy that movie.

Divya : Thanks!

Cooking Gallery : Yeap, confirm No fingers in mine! haha...

Fimere : Merci, dear. Enjoy.

Lyndz : Oh yes, the new one is coming up...'Pirates of the Carribean'! Can't wait to watch it.

Angie : Thank you for your nice comment. Looking forward to yours too!

Louise : Haha... It doesn't bother me at all! I still love my chicken pie.

Claire : Sorry, I'm not so familiar with that movie! Haven't watch it yet!

Hayley : Thanks so much!

Elra : Oh wow, thanks so much! Glad you like it too.

Cheah : Sorry, dear!

Lena : Yeah, exactly!

Sutapa : You bet! ha...

Alice : Cool, I love apple pie too!

Thank you very much everyone for spending your valueable time here with me during the weekend.

Hope you're all having a fabulous Mother's Day! Enjoy and have a great fun.

Best wishes,
Kristy

alison said...

such a tasty pie!:)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...