Lately I received a few tubs of margarine from my sister in law which was gifted by her company Felda Malaysia
head office. She often receiving all kinds of new products from her company for sampling. How fun was that ! At the same time, I also received a few tubs of margarine from a friend asking me for help to finish up for her. >o< So, you probably will be seeing me baking with margarine for the next few weeks. haha.....
Honestly, margarine is tasteless & less oily or creamy compare to butter. So, its quite a challenging task to come out with good baking. However, it might as well giving you an unpredictable delicious bake. Who knows !
So, this is my second baking task with margarine. It happened that a friend sent over some apples the other day which is just perfect for these little muffins. And here's what I did.
3/4 cup sugar
1 tspn salt
1 cup milk
1 tspn vanilla essence / NuNaturals vanilla stevia liquid
2 cups all purpose flour
1 tspn baking powder
1/2 tspn baking soda
1 cup frozen cranberries
3 apples, sliced
*1/2 cup brown sugar for topping
(1) beat margarine, sugar & salt till fluffy pale then add in eggs one at a time & continue beating till smooth.
(2) later then add in milk & flour and mix well.
(3) finally, stir in cranberries & mix well, fill batter to paper cups.
(4) line sliced apples to batter & sprinkle on some brown sugar.
(5) then bake at preheated oven 190'C for about 20 minutes or till brown.
The sugar topping will helps to flavour up the apple instantly once melted. I really enjoy eating it this way.
Yes, the texture of this muffin looks so much difference and that is why most baker prefer using butter than margarine. Luckily, the moisture from fresh fruits help a lot in balancing the whole thing. Hope you guys will love it too ! Enjoy & have a great week ahead everyone.