Keropok Lekor Terengganu 登嘉楼特色炸鱼饼
keropok lekor !!! Gosh, never in my life I would imagine myself making this, Terengganu fish cracker ! Its hubby favourite. I actually wanted to buy some of these during my last visit to Terengganu but hubby said NO ! However, I knew I'm going to give this a shot when I reached home and this is it. I have fulfilled it. Keropok lekor is the specialty of the east and it is normally made with small fishes or leftover fishes from the market place. Unlike the common fish cracker which is thin and crispy, keropok lekor is slightly thicker and fishy flavoured.
ikan kembung (scomber or bloating fish) for the test run, cause its cheap and meaty compare to other small fishes.
1 kg ikan kembung or bloating fish
1/2 cup water
1 tspn vegetable granules
2 tspn salt
1 tspn pepper
200-250gm tapioca starch
(1) remove all the internal organ from fish, wash and then slide two side of the fish.
(2) next, use a spoon to scrape off the meat on the bones & skin.
(4) place fish meat, granules & pepper into a blender and pour in water, blend the meat to smooth paste.
(5) transfer blended fish paste into a big mixing bowl, then stir in tapioca starch and knead till smooth.
(6) when mixing bowl turns out clean, meaning the dough is ready for further process.(7) now, divide dough into several portions and roll each of them into rope shape, then fit them into a big greased plate (best with cooking oil).