This dried squid homey cooking is originated from hubby family. I started cooking this dish a year after we got married. Hubby always request for his mom's cooking. Sometimes I was wondering if he wanted a wife or a mother >o< wakaka
。。。。Anyway, some other time I will used fresh squid. It is as yummy ! Hubby loves it so much. Hope you guys will like it too. Please read on for more.
Now, show you how to prepare the cutting through the soaked dried squid. Only slice on the inner core side, start from one corner slice in 45 degree without cutting through till done. It will look something as picture shown the above.
Now, start slicing from the other corner in 45 degree as well without cutting through.
The slicing will look like 3D square shape as picture shown the above.
The perfect complete nicely sliced squid. Then divide into smaller pieces for cooking.
1 large soaked dried squid
2 medium size Japanese cucumber, sliced into bite size
5 dried chilies, cut & soaked in water for 5 minutes (optional)
2TB chopped garlic
1TB chopped ginger
salt & pepper to taste
1TB oyster sauce
(1) bring a small pot of water to boil then stir in the sliced squid and let to cook for 3 minutes or till the squid became cure shape (as picture shown below).
(2) off the heat once its done, drain off the water and set aside.
(3) preheat wok or frying pan with 3 TB cooking oil, saute ginger & garlic and dried chilies till fragrant.
(4) then add in cucumber before the garlic turns brown and stir fry for about 4-5 minutes, or about to became tender.
(5) add in cooked squid and continue cooking for another 10 minutes.
(6) finally, add in the remaining seasoning and off the heat. Mix well and serve hot.
Though it looks simple, yet very presentable ya。。。 Not bad serving during special occasion. Enjoy !