Tuesday, January 14, 2014
Citrusy Cream Cheese Custard Bun
200gm bread flour
2 tspn yeast
1 TB sugar
(combine everything and mix well then leave to rest for an hour for fermentation till double in size)
250gm bread flour
4 TB sugar
1 egg, do not beat
1 TB milk
50gm cold butter, chopped
*Extra flour for coating.
& 1/2 cup poppy seeds for topping
(1) add main dough ingredients to starter dough to form a soft dough and knead gently till smooth.
(2) then let dough rest for an hour or till double in size.
(3) once its ready, punch to release air from dough and slightly knead dough till smooth with oil coated hand.
(4) now, place dough to a slightly floured working table and divide into 12 portions.
(5) fill in each portion with one table spoon of custard and sealed nicely to let to rest on baking tray for 30 mins or till double in size.
(6) brush the top with egg glazing and sprinkle on some poppy seeds then bake at preheated oven 190'C for about 25 mins or till brown on the middle rack.
Ingredients for Citrus Cream Cheese Custard :
125gm cream cheese, softened
1 whole egg + 1 egg yolk
2-1/2 TB sugar
1 lime juice & rinds
1 lemon juice & rinds
1 TB orange rinds
1) whisk together sugar, eggs, milk & flour into a saucepan till smooth & well combined.
(2) then cook the mixture over a double boiler till thickened.
(3) now, slowly stir the hot mixture into soft cream cheese and beat till smooth & thick.
(4) finally, add in the remaining ingredients till well mixed. Then leave to cool completely..
I'm sending this to Wild Yeast Blog @ Yeastspotting.