(for 2 recipes)
1-1/2 tspn salt
90gm cold butter, diced
210ml cold water
300gm pastry margarine
(1) combine flour & salt together into a big bowl, mix well.
(2) rub in butter to became fine crumb.
(3) stir in water till everything combined & turned into soft dough.
(4) leave dough rest for 20 mins, by covering it with a damp towel.
(5) once its ready, place dough onto a slightly floured working table and roll dough out flat by the size of 10x10" length.
(6) place in pastry margarine, cover it by folding in the dough like an envelope and seal nicely.
(7) For further process, please refer the folding method here.
(8) after the folding process, keep dough refrigerated to set before using,
(for one recipe)
250gm cream cheese, softened
1/2 cup sugar
3 TB all purpose flour
1 cup milk (1 to 1-1/2 cup)
2 lemon juice & zest
1 tspn vanilla essence
(1) whisk together sugar, eggs, milk & flour into a saucepan till smooth & well combined.
(2) then cook the mixture over a double boiler till thickened.
(3) now, slowly beat the hot mixture into soft cream cheese and beat till smooth & thick.
(4) finally, add in the remaining ingredients till well mixed. Leave cool before keep refrigerated to set..
TO ASSEMBLE :
(1) place pastry dough to slightly floured working table
and roll it out flat & thin at 10x24".
(2) place custard to one side of the pastry as shown in picture on top then roll it up like a swiss roll.
(3) place rolled pastry to baking tray and brush on egg glaze.
(4) bake at preheated oven 195'C for about 30-45 mins.
* Egg glaze : 1 egg yolk + 2 tspn milk (mix well)