mushroom floss. Now, I'll be able to enjoy more great food with them. So, here's what I did to the buns.
4 cups all purpose flour
2 tspn yeast
2 TB sugar
1 tspn salt
2 TB cooking oil / corn oil
Other Ingredients :
300gm mushroom floss
handful of chopped spring onion
1-1/2 cup mayonnaise (plain or flavoured)
(1) combine all ingredients to form a soft dough then set aside to rest for an hour or till double in size.
(2) once its ready, punch dough to release extra air then place it to a slightly floured working table and knead till smooth.
(3) divide dough into two portions then flatten each with rolling pin for about 9x13".
(4) place it to greased 9x13" tray, again roll it to fit the tray then leave to rest for 20 minutes or till dough puff up.
(5) when ready, try to porch the flattened dough with a fork to release airy bags.
(6) now, brush dough with egg glazing then top with sesame seeds & onion. Finally, bake at preheated oven 180'C for about 12-15 minutes or till slightly brown (watch gradually to prevent hard crusted bread). Preferable softer bread which easier for rolling and also to prevent crack surface.
(7) once its done, leave bread to cool for 10 minutes before transferring to working table.
(8) cut 2 sides of the bread into 45 degree and the other two into 90 degree, and make another 2 cuts on the bottom of the bread. Then quickly roll bread from the 45 degree edge into Swiss roll and wrap it with a parchment paper and leave aside till completely cooled.
Well, what do you think ?
It looks sooooo tempting and the bun texture is really soft which is perfect for this recipe. Hope everyone will have a fabulous week ahead.
I'm sending this to Wild Yeast Blog @ Yeastspotting and Weekend Bites