Meatless Japanese Curry Bun @ Kare-Pan
Ingredients for Japanese Curry Filling :
5 medium size potatoes, peeled & diced
1 large onion, thinly sliced
3 TB worcestershire sauce
2 TB tomato sauce
2 TB light soy sauce
3 TB curry powder
1 TB sugar
1 tspn vegetable granule or food seasoning
salt & pepper to taste
2 cups water
* Thickening : 1/3 cup water mix with 2 tspn tapioca flour
*Note : you may replace worcestershire sauce with HP sauce instead (about 1/3 cup)
(1) preheat frying pan with enough cooking oil to fry the potatoes.
(2) when potatoes turned brown add in onion and saute till fragrant, following by adding in all other ingredients and let to boil till potato turned tender & just soft. Add in extra water if needed.
(3) when the potato is done, stir in thickening & cook over low heat till gravy became thicken.
(4) finally, off the heat and let to cool then keep refrigerated overnight the best.
4 cups all purpose flour
2 tspn instant yeast
2 TB sugar
1 tspn salt
2 TB corn oil
(1) combine all ingredients to form a soft dough then set aside to rest for an hour or till double in size.
(2) when ready, punch dough to release excess air then knead till smooth.
(3) place dough to working table then divide into 12 equal portions.
(4) rest dough for 10 minutes before flatten it by rolling pin, fill one big spoon of cold curry potato. Sealed & set aside till everything completed.
1 egg, beaten
1-1/2 cup bread crumb
Now, roll filled dough to beaten egg then coat with bread crumb. Finally, fry till golden brown. Its best to serve warm.