What's Gaby Cooking. I was instantly hooked up with these little Swedish Cinnamon Rolls. So, without thinking for long I gathered everything on the table and get going.... You see, I have to get my hands on it before my inspiration gone. haha.... Hopefully, this Swedish ones turned out as good as my Danish Cinnamon Roll cause I've high expectation on this.
Ingredients for dough :
2-1/4 tspn instant yeast
1 tspn sugar
2 Tb water
(combined and let to rest for 10 minutes or till bubbling)
1 cup milk
2 tspn cardamom powder (omitted)
1 egg & 1 egg yolk
3 TB sugar
1/2 tspn salt
4 cups all purpose flour
* 1 egg white + 1 tspn milk (for glazing)
* extra sugar for topping
Note : I replaced cardamom powder with cardamom seeds then boil together with milk to infuse the aroma.
Ingredients for fillings :
100gm butter, softened
100gm superfine sugar
2 tspn cinnamon powder
2 TB full cream milk
(beat all ingredients together till creamy & smooth)
(1) cook milk with cardamom seeds over low heat for 10 minutes then add in butter and off the heat immediately after that, set aside to cool. Drain the milk after butter has melted completely.
(2) now, put together flour, salt & sugar into a big bowl and mix well.
(3) while waiting for the milk, you can prepare the fillings by beating all ingredients together till creamy smooth.
(4) get the starter prepare once the milk is ready, then stir milk mixture, eggs & yeast into dry ingredients to form a soft dough. Then set aside to rest for an hour or till double in size.
(5) punch dough to release extra air bubbles and knead to smooth then place dough to working table and divide into two portions.
(6) flatten dough by rolling it into 9x13" length sheet each then spread half of the filling to each of the sheet. Its best to brush the filling by using your hand, so that its nicely spread.
(7) now, fold dough into three to form an envelope. Then slightly roll to flatten it to fit the size for 7 to 8 stripes dough. So, you'll probably get about 14-16 portions of them.
(8) from here you can refer the shaping details, click here.
(9) place shaped dough to greased tray and let to rest for 20-30 minutes, then brush with egg white glazing and top with sugar.
(10) finally, bake at preheated oven 175'C for about 25 minutes or till nicely brown.