Thursday, May 2, 2013
Kanelsnegl ~ Danish Cinnamon Roll
Ingredients for Dough :
300gm bread flour
200gm all purpose flour
2 tspn yeast
4 TB sugar
1/2 tspn salt
40gm butter, chopped
*250gm butter, room temperature (cut into 10 pcs)
1 TB all purpose flour
(1) combine all dry ingredients into a big mixing bowl then add in milk & egg and gently stir to form a stick dough.
(2) add in butter and knead till smooth then set a side to rest for an hour or till double in size.
(3) punch dough to release air and again knead dough till smooth.
(4) place dough to a greased plastic bag and keep refrigerated for an hour. (I kept mine in the freezer for 30 mins)
(5) once ready, place dough to a slightly floured working table and roll it flat for about 12x24" size.
(6) arrange butter onto dough (as shown as the above picture), fold dough over and nicely sealed.
(7) refer here for folding method.
(8) again, keep the ready dough refrigerated or frozen once it's done. And use it at anytime you want.
(9) finally, roll dough flat into 15x24" and spread on melted butter then top with cinnamon & brown sugar.
(10) roll dough like swiss roll from the longer side, divide dough into 24 portions and leave to rest for about an hour or till double in size.
(11) now, brush on egg glazing and top with sliced almond.
(12) bake at preheated oven 200'C for about 18-20 mins or till nicely brown.
I'm sending this to Wild Yeast @ Yeastspotting.