Pineapple Strudel 凤梨果餡卷
390gm all purpose flour
1-1/2 tspn salt
90gm cold butter, chopped
210ml cold water
225gm all purpose flour
* for glazing : one egg yolk mixed with 1 tspn milk
(1) for dough A : mix together flour & salt then add in butter and rub till well cooperated. Finally, stir in water till soft dough is formed and knead till smooth. Set aside to rest for 30 minutes.
(2) for dough B : mix ingredients together to form a soft dough and round it.
(3) now, wrap dough B into dough A then nicely sealed. Place dough to slightly floured working table and roll it out flat into thin rectangle shape about the size of 12x30". Then refer here for the further laminating process.
(4) When the laminating is done, divide dough into two portions. Keep one portion refrigerated for other uses. Now, roll the remaining dough into thin 12x24"rectangle sheet and place it to a greased baking tray.
(5) then add in pineapple fillings and spread evenly to half of the pastry as picture shown below.
Ingredients for pineapple fillings :
1 kg pineapple, cored & diced
1 tspn cinnamon powder
1/2 tspn nutmeg powder
3 TB brown sugar (or to your taste)
1/2 cup raisins
*for thickening : 50ml water mixed with 1-1/2 tspn cornflour
(1) preheat frying pan with butter, over medium heat.
(2) once its ready, place in all ingredients except thickening and simmer till pineapple turned soft.
(3) at this stage, you will have plenty of juices; and now, add in thickening to thicken the juices into lava gravy. Then leave to cool completely before used. Best to prepare one day before and keep refrigerated overnight.
(8) Leave to cool for 15 minutes and garnish with icing sugar before serving.