Tuesday, February 21, 2017
Pandan Coconut Tart 香喷喷班丹椰挞
70gm icing sugar
260gm all purpose flour
2 TB milk powder
1 whole egg, lightly beaten
(1) combine sugar, flour & milk powder into a big bowl then mix well.
(2) add in margarine and rub till well cooperated with flour mixture.
(3) now, stir in egg till soft dough is formed. Let to rest for 30 minutes.
(4) then divide dough into 40-45gm each and press to muffin cups then prick the base of the pastry with a fork . Keep chilled for 30 minutes to set.
Ingredients for pandan coconut fillings :
500gm grated young coconut flesh
2 tspn salt
50gm butter at room temperature
3 small eggs
1-1/2 tspn pandan extract / paste
2 TB corn flour
1 tspn concentrated pandan juice
(1) cream butter, salt, sugar and eggs till well combined
(2) then stir in grated coconut and corn flour and mix well.
(1) fill cold pastry with pandan coconut mixture.
(2) then bake at preheated oven 185'C for about 20-25 minutes till brown, on middle rack.
(3) remove the cups once its cooled completely.