Monday, November 20, 2017
Brioche Croissant With Apricot Jam 布莉歐牛角面包
280gm bread flour
260gm all purpose flour
1 TB instant yeast
4 TB sugar
1-1/2 tspn salt
250ml warm milk
3 egg yolk
1 whole egg
200gm cold butter, chopped
*Fillings : one jar of apricot jam
* Egg glazing : 1 egg yolk mixed with 2 tspn milk
(1) combine flour, sugar, salt & yeast into a big mixing bowl then mix well.
(2) then stir in milk and eggs till soft dough is formed.
(3) now, add in butter little by little till everything cooperated.
(4) next, place soft dough to plastic bag and nicely sealed. Then keep refrigerated overnight.
(5) divide chilled dough into 2 portions, round it and return it into to fridge for another 30 minutes.
(6) now, take one out from the fridge and place it to floured working table. You need extra flour for coating for this one. Then flatten dough into a big round disk between a plastic sheet.
(7) next, cut dough into 12 portions as picture shown and place on the jam, then roll it up like a swiss roll from the larger edge to the sharp edge to form a croissant. Repeat the remaining chilled.
(9) finally, bake at preheated oven 180-190'C for 18-20 minutes or till golden brown. The bread became dry & dense when its overly baked.