Saturday, November 11, 2017
Khachapuri With Otak-Otak 哈恰普哩
Khachapuri was in my list to do since yeeeeears ago, which means cheese filled bread. I found it when flipping my collection paper file yesterday..... yeap, paper file not pen drive ! Since hubby & I going to attend dinner party tonight, I decided to prepare this for my boy..... for his dinner. >o< He will be over joy whenever I prepare western food for him cause his papa is not a western food person. haha..... I just grab whatever I have in the fridge. Wow.... didn't expect it turns out looking so amazingly delicious ! I gave one away to a friend and one for my boy. And they both coming back asking for more. LOL
2 TB all purpose flour
250ml full cream milk
salt & pepper to taste
Melt butter over low heat then stir in flour to mix well. Just about done, add in half of the milk immediately and continue stirring the mixture to form thick paste. Add in the remaining milk and keep stirring till smooth & runny paste is formed or to the consistency as desired. Set aside.
Ingredients for topping :
3-4 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
some homemade otak-otak
1 pce turmeric leave, thinly sliced
2 TB crashed black peppercorn
1 TB chili flakes
Ingredients for bread dough :
350gm bread flour
150gm all purpose flour
1 TB sugar
1/2 tspn salt
2 tspn yeast
280ml warm full cream milk
2 TB corn oil
(1) mix together warm milk & yeast and let to rest for 10 minutes, add in oil once its ready.
(2) combine flour, sugar & salt into a big bowl then mix well.
(3) now, stir the wet ingredients into flour till smooth dough is formed. Then let to rest for an hour or till double in size.
(4) next, punch dough to release excess air and knead till smooth.
(5) place dough to working table and divide into two portions, let to rest for another 15 minutes.
(6) now, flatten dough into oblong size, as shown in picture below.
(10) and then go straight to the oven and bake for 10-12 minutes at 230-250'C to till the bread is nicely brown.