Coconut Raisins Danish Butter Cookies 椰香葡萄干丹麦黄油曲奇
250gm butter, softened at room temperature
180gm icing sugar
1 large egg
320gm all purpose flour
30gm desiccated coconut
1/4 cup raisins
1/4 tspn baking soda
1 tspn vanilla essence/extract
(1) combine flour, coconut, raisins & baking soda till well cooperated.
(2) cream butter & sugar till fluffy pale then add in egg & vanilla essence and whisk till cooperated.
(3) now, fold in flour mixture till soft dough is formed.
(4) shape dough into oblong size then wrap dough into plastic sheet and keep refrigerated overnight.
(5) once ready, cut dough into thin slices then pull off plastic sheet and arrange it to baking tray lined with parchment paper. Keep cut dough chilled before the first batch cookie is done.
vanilla kranse (the soft dough cookie), kringle (the cold dough cookie) & coconut raisins butter cookies. For further info, click here to find out more.
For those who are interested in making frisk brod cookies, please follow the cold dough recipe then square it and wrap with plastic sheet. By following the coconut raisin cookies method, sliced it after chilled overnight then brush with milk and sprinkle on the coarse sugar. And bake at preheated oven 180-185'C for about 20 minutes or till lightly brown.