Homemade Asam Pedas Muar @ 麻坡亚参鱼
**Note : For time being kindly use your mobile online to enter or upload my blog page. Thank you.
2 pcs large fish slices
5 stalk daun kesum/Vietnamese mint
9-10 pcs ladyfingers
1 tspn salt or to your taste
3 TB brown sugar
1 tspn granules
2 pcs asam keping/slices
100gm asam jawa/tamarind paste
3 cups water
1-1/2 cups hot water
2 TB lime juice
Ingredients for blended paste :
30pcs dried red chilies, washed & halved
5 shallots, sliced
1 large onion, sliced
3 stalk lemongrass, sliced
(take only the white bottom part)
1 inche belacan / shrimp paste
(combine all ingredients and grind into paste with some water)
(1) let dried chilies to cook in boiling water for 5 minutes then off the heat and set aside to rest for 20 minutes. Drained and discharge seeds. Finally, grind with other ingredients.
(2) add hot water into asam jawa to rest for 10 minutes then squeeze out the juice, discharge seeds and some excess items from the juice.
(3) trim daun kesum and roughly smashed the edge of ladyfingers, as picture shown the above.
(5) add in both water and asam water then let to boil for 10 minutes.
(7) finally, add in the remaining seasoning and fish, let to boil over medium heat for another 15 minutes. Off the heat and stir in lime juice.