Air Fryer Taiwanese Black Pepper Shao Bing 台式黑胡椒烧饼
Ingredients for fillings :
500gm leftover BBQ chicken meat, diced
200gm spring onion, thinly sliced
2-1/2 TB black pepper crashed
1 tspn pepper powder
1 tspn Chinese five spice
2 TB sugar
3 TB oyster sauce
4 TB light soy sauce
1 tspn chicken granules
2 TB sesame oil
1 cup water
2 TB wheat starch
1/2 TB cornflour
( put together all seasoning and cook till thicken, then stir in chicken meat and mix well. Set aside)
Ingredients for pastry dough : (8 pcs)
2-1/2 cups all purpose flour
2 TB sugar
1-1/2 tspn yeast
180ml warm water
2 TB corn oil
** 100gm shortening for spreading
(1) combine flour, sugar & yeast in a big bowl mixed well. Then stir in water till dough is formed and knead till come together.
(2) now, add in corn oil and continue knead till smooth. Then let to rest for 30 minutes.
(3) when ready, again knead dough to release excess air then place it to a slightly floured working table. And flatten it by rolling into a 7x20" sheet.
(4) next, spread on the shortening evening as picture shown below (not original photo).
(9) now, dip the smooth surface to water mixture then coat with sesame seeds.