Korean Chicken Bulgogi 韩式红烧鸡肉

Recently I've been busy watching some really nice K drama. Now, I am in the mood wanna to make some Korean dishes. haha..... I haven't done much Korean food for a while especially when my kids not around. I am glad my boy is back and will be around for some time, I am taking this opportunity to discover more delicious recipes. And this recipe is actually inspired by Seonkyoung Longest and I am trying to make it into a halal dish by using chicken meat. And it is actually quite good and interesting too. Please read on for more.

And here is what I did from scratch. Since some ingredients are not available here, I just substitute with other items. It works pretty well actually.

Ingredients :
2 large  chicken thigh, deboned (or 3 medium size)
1 large yellow onion, sliced
1 green chili, sliced
1 red chili, sliced
2 stalk of spring onion, cut into 1" length
1 TB  toasted sesame seeds

Ingredients for marinade : 
3 cloves garlic, minced
1/2 TB  canyenne pepper
1 TB     red chili powder
1 tspn   chili flakes
2 TB     plum sauce / honey
1 TB     mirin ( I used rice wine)
1 TB  fish sauce
a dash of pepper
1 tspn  ground black pepper
2 TB  light soy sauce
a sprinkle of chicken granule
(combine everything into paste)

Method :
(1)  sliced boneless chicken thigh into bite size stripes then mix into spiced paste together with the yellow onion. Set aside and let to rest for 20 minutes.

(2)  heat up a frying pan with a little bit of cooking oil, then stir in the chicken mixture and cook over high heat, till everything nicely cooked. It took about 15-20 minutes.


(3)  once the meat is cooked thoroughly, then stir in sliced red chili, green chili and spring onion. And let to cook for another 2 minutes.

Finally, it's all done within an hour. Quick and easy to prepare. My family really loves it especially my boy. By the way, if you prefer extra spicy, you may still add an extra chili powder or chili flakes.

Since I still have extra rice left from my one pot chicken rice lunch, so just perfect to serve along  with my chicken bulgogi. What a fantastic combination ! Yum.... yum.... Hope you guys will love it too. ye... mas-issneun jeulgisibsio 
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...