Sour Plum Sauce Apple Chicken

I've been extremely busy travelling for the past couple of days. I think I spent most of my time driving. All together I've travelled more than 300km. I really don't feel like cooking or baking at this moment but we still have to eat. Aren't we? Hubby wants home cooked meal. So, I ended up making a three course meal for dinner. A soup, a stir fried vegetables and a plum sauce apple chicken.

And here's the recipe.

Ingredients :
200gm chicken thigh fillet, sliced
1 apple, cubed
1 large onion, cubed
1 large tomato, cubed
1/2 can whole lychee (optional)
salt & pepper
1 tspn sesame oil
cornflour for coating

Seasoning :
2 tbps sweet plum sauce
2 tbsp sugar
1 tbsp lemon juice/lime juice
salt & pepper to taste
* thickening : 1/3 cup water + 1 tspn cornstarch

Method :
(1) marinade sliced chicken with salt & pepper and 1 tspn of sesame oil.
(2) mix in 1/2 cup corn flour and make sure all sliced meat is well coated.
(3) deep fried untill brown & crispy and set aside.
(4) remove cooking oil from the same pan or wok, leave about 2 tbsp of cooking oil.
(5) stir in onion and apple and saute over medium heat.
(6) add in all the seasoning and let to simmer untill sugar dissolved.
(7) stir in thickening and cook untill the gravy became a little thickened.
(8) add in all the fried chicken fillet, tomatoes and lychee.
(9) cook untill gravy is well thickened and off the heat.
(10) serve hot.
This is a very appetizing and fruity flavour dish! I enjoyed eating everything in there. Hope you will too! Enjoy.

I'm sending this to 3 Hungry Tummies for Muhibbah Malaysian Monday Event.
And to Lyndsey @ The Tiny Skillet for Tailgating Time.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...