Sweet & Savoury Chicken Pastry @ 'Char Siu Suo'

This is the kind of 'Char Siew Sou' I ate during my teenager days and is still available back home. Yeap, another favourite dim sum and snack from my hometown. It has a real crisp lower crust and a soft sweet custard topping with some savoury 'char siew' chicken in the middle. Since I can't travel often back home lately, I have to make my own here.

And here's what I did.

Ingredients for Pastry Dough (base) :
Dough A :
200gm all purpose flour
30gm icing sugar
50gm olive oil / corn oil
100gm cold water
(divide into 40gm per dough ball)

Dough B :
150gm all purpose flour
50gm olive oil/corn oil
(divide into 20gm per dough ball)

Method : follow instruction from here.

TO ASSEMBLE :
(1) coat mould with flour.
(2) place in flatten dough and press to the pastry cup.
(3) cut out the access dough at the edges by pressing them.


Ingredients for sweet custard topping :
200gm butter, softened
120gm icing sugar
1 egg, lightly beaten
1 tspn vanilla extract
300gm all purpose flour
60gm custard powder
*
Method :
(1) cream butter and sugar untill well combined.
(2) stir in egg & vanilla and mix well.
(3) fold in flour & custard powder and mix to form a soft dough.
(4) divide into 40gm each.

Ingredients for Chicken Char Siew :
Please refer here.
*prepare one egg for glazing.


Method :
(1) fill in the dough tray with chicken 'char siu'.
(2) cover the top with custard sweet crust and seal nicely to the side.
(3) brush on egg glaze and bake at 180'c for about 20 mins or untill brown.
*
I know this is a lot of work but it's while worth it! I have the 'char siew' filling and the topping made a day before or you may make this at anytime you want and keep refrigerated. It may come in handy. I normally used leftover roasted chicken for the filling and it taste as good. So, craving no more. lol! ^_^
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...