Banana Cheesecake With Peanut Butter Frosting
Here's what I did.
Ingredients for crust :
100gm ground pistachio
100gm butter, melted
Ingredients for fillings :
500gm cream cheese
1 canned condensed milk
4 tbsp honey
1/4 tspn salt
1 lemon juice & zest
1 tspn vanilla extract
3-4 bananas, mashed
(1) combine crushed biscuit, pistachio and butter in a bowl, stir to combine, then press it to a 9" spring foam tray and keep refrigerated for about 30mins or till set.
(2) next, combine cream cheese, eggs, condensed milk, honey, salt & vanilla into a big mixing bowl and then beat all ingredients at once till smooth & creamy.
(3) now, stir in mashed banana but do not over mixed.
(4) pour cream cheese mixture to the biscuit based pan and bake at preheated oven 170'C for about an hour or till nicely brown & set.
(5) once it's done, leave to cool completely before placing on the frosting & keep chilled overnight before serving.
Ingredients for peanut butter frosting :
250ml whipping cream
250gm peanut butter jam
(combine both ingredients and then whisk till it's set and ready for frosting)
#For non-dairy whipping cream : It's best to keep frozen the whole time. Then withdraw the quantity as required and let it rest for 10mins under room temperature before the whisking task cause it works better in this way while the cream is still chilled.
#For dairy whipping cream : Dairy whipping cream is unlike non-dairy. It's not suitable to keep frozen. So, when using dairy whipping cream it's best to use some cold water with ice cube below the whisking bowl to keep the temperature as low as possible while whisking the cream.
The peanut butter frosting is amazing or you may add in some additional flavour by drizzle on some caramel sauce......hmmm...mmmm..... I can wallop a few slices of them in this way. I'm sure this sounds so really tempting to you too. I would suggest you to try this on the coming thanksgiving dinner. Happy Thanksgiving to all ! Enjoy.