Black Forest Coffee Cake
Ingredients for bread dough :
4 tspn yeast
3 tbsp sugar
1/2 cup warmed water
1/2 cup thick cream
3/4 cup milk
113gm butter, softened
5-1/2 cups all purpose flour
2 tspn baking powder
2 tspn salt
1 bottle of black cherry jam
4 cups chocolate cake, cut into chunks
2 cups dark chocolate, chopped
# 1 cup almond sliced
1 egg, beaten for egg glazing
(1) combine sugar, yeast & water and set aside for 10 mins.
(2) in another mixing bowl, combine all the remaining ingredients and then stir in yeast mixture till nicely combined to foam a soft dough.
(3) next, place dough onto a slightly floured working table and knead till smooth (for about 5 mins).
(4) then divide dough into 4 portion, roll dough flat for about 9x12". Spread on jam for base then top with chocolate cake & chopped chocolate.
(5) further braiding instructions, please follow here.
(6) once completed, let them rest for an hour.
(7) when ready, brush on egg glazing and then top with sliced almond.
(8) finally, bake at preheated oven 190'C for about 20 mins or till nicely brown.