A Bitter Sweet Valentine's Day
"HEY hey HEY....You !" "What are you doing?""Excuse me, are you trying to take over my computer here?" OK Ok enough of those nonsense. You better behave ! Phewwwww..... I would like to apologize for the delay guys but glad I still make it today.
Ingredients for Meringue Crust :
5 egg white ( roughly 150-165gm)
170gm white sugar (add in 1/8 tspn cream of tartar)
130gm icing sugar
1 TB dark cocoa powder
1 TB semi sweet cocoa powder
*1 cup whipping cream (non-daily), whipped
1 cup blueberry sauce
Ingredients for chocolate sauce :
3 TB heavy cream
60gm chocolate, sliced
(warm the cream without boiling it, remove from heat then add in sliced chocolate and stir till everything melted, pour mixture into pipping bag & set aside to cool)
(1) bring a pot of water to boil then remove from heat.
(2) place egg white to a steel pot and let pot sitting above the hot water without touching the hot water, the egg white may get cooked if too hot. This method is to help to stabilize the egg white.
*There are actually two ways of making the meringue. Italian meringue & French meringue.
(3) beat egg white till foamy then add in white sugar bit by bit each time and continue beating till the texture turns glossy and ribbon like.
*Do not mix cocoa powder by using a beater.
(6) fill batter into pipping bag and then pipe it onto 3 different baking tray lined with parchment paper.
*Always spread on some butter below the parchment paper when baking meringue, it helps to release the meringue easily without cracking the crust.
(7) finally bake at preheated oven 120'C for about 90 mins, extend the time if the size is bigger. Make sure the crust is hard enough and the whole thing is cooked before removing it from oven.
Use one slice of meringue as a base then spread on whipped cream, follow by chocolate sauce then add on some blueberry sauce, finally cover with another slice of meringue. Simply decorate the top layer with some whipped cream and chocolate sauce and I have added on some of my special homemade Royce' chocolate.