click to see. Are you salivating too???? haha.... So many varieties to choose from The menu looks truly mouthwatering, isn't it? And I knew I got to make some. So, here's my homemade version of Beard Papa's cookie crust puff.
a pinch of salt
1 tspn sugar
120gm all purpose flour
3-4 eggs, lightly beaten
(1) bring ingredients (A) to boil then remove from heat.
(2) stir in flour and mix to well over low heat till you get a dough ball.
(3) now, transfer dough ball to a big plastic bowl & let dough cool for 5 mins, then stir in egg one at a time by using a wooden or plastic spoon. Keep stirring untill you get the right consistency. (not too firm nor too runny). You don't have to use up all the eggs.
(4) fill mixture into pipping bag and pipe into small dough to baking tray lined with greaseproof paper.
(5) cut cookie dough into small pieces and flatten by pressing between a plastic sheet, then place onto choux batter.
(6) finally, bake at preheated oven 195-200'C for about 20 mins or till nicely puffed up & brown.
(7) cooled and cut open the pastry then fill in the cream.
* (you may also refer some other recipe from here or here)
60gm butter, at room temperature
60gm sugar / brown sugar
80gm all purpose flour
1-1/2 tspn cinnamon powder
(cream butter & sugar till combined then stir in flour & cinnamon to form a dough, wrap with plastic sheet then keep refrigerated for 30 mins before used)
one French Butter cream recipe
1/2 cup homemade dulce de leche cream
(combine everything and beat to mix well, then fill into pipping bag & ready to use)