Monday, March 25, 2013

Chocolate Banana Cake

NOPE...I can't finish off the bananas the other day and used half of them to make this cake. My boy doesn't like plain banana cake. He said it's BORING ! So, something need to be done....... This is a simple & quick and yet addictive cake. I simply top it with white chocolate ganache and toasted coconut for a quick spread. Right, my boy didn't make a single sound. It's rather a good sign. :o)

Ingredients :
2-1/2 cup  all purpose flour
1 tspn  baking powder
1 tspn baking soda
1/4 tspn  salt
1 cup  brown sugar
115gm   butter, at room temperature
2 large eggs
3 large banana, mashed
1/2 cup  yogurt / heavy cream
2/3 cup  chocolate chips

Method :
(1) in a bowl, mix together flour, salt, baking powder & baking soda and set aside..
(2)  cream butter, yogurt, sugar & eggs till fluffy.
(3)  now, fold the dry ingredients, chocolate chips & mashed banana into butter mixture  till well combined.
(4) pour batter to a 8" greased tray and let to bake at preheated oven 175'C for about 55 mins or till tester came out clean.
(5) set aside to cool for 15 mins before removing from tray.

Ingredients for white chocolate ganache :
100gm  white chocolate, chopped
60gm  butter, cubed
2 TB  heavy cream

Method :
(1) combine all ingredients into saucepan and place it over a pot of boiling water without touching the  water, with the heat off.
(2) remove the pot away from hot water, once the butter has melted.
(3) continue stirring the mixture till the chocolate completely melted & the mixture combined.
(4) set aside to cool or keep refrigerated for 5-10 mins to set, stir constantly.

Nothing better than having a slice of this chocolate banana cake with a cup of coffee.... and with my favourite book.....relaxing on the couch. lol.

18 comments:

sabina said...

delicius banana cake
love
sabina

Mlle Paradis said...

this is a great idea! i'm really going to have to try it!

Vivian Pang said...

Must be very good with the toasted coconut and white chocolate! Yum!

Jeannie Tay said...

Still have time to relax, good sign too lol! I too am relaxing now reading your recipe....must get my boys to eat my banana cakes too, maybe that ganache could help huh!

Mich Piece of Cake said...

Hi Kristy,

Chocolate and bananas always go so well together. I love his cake.

Honey Bee Sweets said...

How are you Kristy! Oh yum! Looks like I'm just in time to have coffee and banana cake! You know I too baked a chocolate banana cake today but its chiffon...lets enjoy together! Nom nom nom!

Belinda said...

Hmmmm I could sit down and eat this whole thing!

Angie Schneider said...

My husband will LOVE this as he is a huge fan of banana and white chocolate. Looks heavenly!

Happy Valley Chow said...

I love chocolate and banana, such a great combo. This recipe looks and sounds absolutely amazing. Can't wait to try!

Happy Blogging!
Happy Valley Chow

Cass @ 揾到食 said...

I love banana cake, yummy :)

Adelina Priddis said...

That looks scrumptious! Looking at the photo I thought maybe it was banana pudding on top..which would also be yummy!

thanks for sharing on Foodie Friday

Ana Rita said...

What a wonderfull cake..So delicious!!!
Kisses,
Rita
http://bembons.blogspot.com

divya said...

Makes me drool..tempting

Pamela said...

DEAR KRISTYO! WHAT A GREAT RECIPE, SURE BANANAS AND CHOCOLATE GET ALONG VERY WELL, AND THEN THE COCONUT, MMMM, DELICIOUS. BIG HUGS, KEEP WELL MY FRIEND

Diane Balch said...

You must have ESP I was just thinking about you. So glad to see you back at Foodie Friday. I'm pinning this cake... looks easy enough for non-baker me to make. Thanks for visiting us.

Shirley said...

Hey Kristy,
Missed you. I can see that your collection of cakes has been growing in leaps and bounds!!!

Ah Tze @ Awayofmind said...

Kristy, another delicious cake from you!

lena said...

i reckon the toasted coconut accompanied well with the choc banana cake!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...