Thursday, March 7, 2013

Homemade Golden Seafood Tofu @ Hai Xian Tofu

If you're a Malaysian, you should have heard and seen this kind of fried tofu very often at the supermarket frozen department, even wet market or serving steamy hot from the kitchen of a local restaurant which most of them claimed that it's their signature dish. Ok Ok signature dish or not, whereas, it is now mine signature dish as well. haha..... Are you dare to try it ?

Here's what I did.
(recipe adapted by here)
Ingredients :
250gm   fish & shrimp paste mixture
(with additional chopped mushroom)
2 tube Japanese egg tofu
2 pcs silky soft tofu /1 box soft tofu (around 300gm)
handful of cilantro, chopped
2 TB  scallop sauce
salt & pepper to taste

Method :
(1) place everything together and beat with electrical mixer till well combined.
(2) spread mixture to a 7" baking tray lined with plastic sheet then cover the top nicely with the same sheet.
(3) steam over medium heat for about 10 mins or till set.
(4) then leave cooled before slicing.
(5) finally, coat each block of tofu with corn flour and fry till golden brown.

Make sure your steamer is not overly hot, otherwise partial of the texture will became harden.

The tofu will brown very fast, so be very careful with the temperature.

It is best to have an early preparation and keep this tofu refrigerated or frozen either way. So that you can serve it at any time. Of coz, you can easily get this kind of frozen seafood tofu at the supermarket or even wet market but I bet it ain't taste the same.

18 comments:

Mlle Paradis said...

this looks delicious! i will definitely try this!

meigancam said...

The information which has been posted here in this blog regarding menu changes at beaches and cream in disneys beach is quite interesting and informative.

Div said...

omg, i didn't even realise i could make this at home. i love seafood tofu! I must try this recipe, though i would probably end up eating it all myself lol

Happy Valley Chow said...

Very Cool! I will have to give this a try, thanks for sharing :)

Happy Blogging!
Happy Valley Chow

Vivian Pang said...

Crispy outside and soft inside. I love it especially eat with chili sauce.

Honey Bee Sweets said...

Oh my Kristy, this crispy tofu is making hungry again even though I just had lunch! Crispy exterior and creamy savory interior...yum yum! I will definitely try this out! Have a good day my friend!!

Sonia ~ Nasi Lemak Lover said...

You just remind me I have too long did not make this tofu, your sound absolutely delicious!

angeline ong said...

Hi Kristy, Angeline here. How are you? Thanks for the comment on my blog. Appreciate it.

I love this toufu very much, gonna try this recipe.

angeline ong said...

Kristy, how we know that the steam toufu is done? Or else I just steam for 10mins and that's it?

My Little Space said...

Hi Angeline, if you've no confident whether it's done or not, then just give it another 5 mins steaming time. The tofu will turned out soft while its still hot but later became harden after cooling down. Have to be patient with it. haha.... Hey, thanks for stopping by. Missed you ladies. ((hugs))
Kristy

lena said...

i love eating this kind of tofu..with chilli sauce! from the pics, the skin looks great, you did the frying very well!

Shu Han said...

that looks gorgeous! I have fond fodn memories of this, but there's NO WAY I can get this in london. now I can make my own! I'm stupidly excited now haha. Thanks so much for sharing this you amazing lady!

Rosita Vargas said...

Wooow realmente me enamoré de su receta de marisco luce exquisito y perfecto,abrazos y abrazos

Angie's Recipes said...

This is definitely a must make for me, Kristy.

Lawrence Yap said...

hello may i know this serving is for how many person? Really thanks for ur sharing here.. this is my 1sr attempt to step into the kitchen... OMG!!!

My Little Space said...

Hi Lawrence,
First of all, thanks for stopping by my humble little space. This recipe can easily serve a family of ten.
Wishing you luck. Enjoy & have fun.
Regards, Kristy

Anonymous said...

Hi Kristy,
do you have recipe for the fish and shrimp paste?
It's not easily available where i am located. thanks!

My Little Space said...

Hi anonymous,


First of all, thanks for stopping by my humble little space. Hope the following link will help.
http://kristygourmet.blogspot.com/2009/06/fried-stuffed-egg-plant.html

Enjoy & have fun !
blessings, Kristy

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...