Monday, March 11, 2013
Peanut Butter Fudge Tang Yuan In Lemongrass Soup
250gm glutinous rice flour
3/4 cup warm water
*Fillings : peanut butter fudge, cut small as desired sizes
(it't best to used cold fudge, easier for cutting)
Ingredients for lemongrass soup :
1.5L (7 cups) water
2 stick sugar cane sugar
3 stalk lemongrass, roughly smashed
(combine everything into a pot and heat till sugar dissolved, set aside)
(1) to make tang yuan dough, slowly stir in warm water to glutinous rice flour till form a soft dough. Do not add in the water at once.
(2) continue kneading the dough till smooth and the side bowl is clean.
(3) next, divide dough into more or less 25 portions, press each dough center to make a hole then fill in peanut butter fudge. Wrap & sealed nicely till everything completed.
(4) bring a pot of clean water to boil, throw in all the dough and let to boil till all floating then transfer to a pot of tap water for cooling for about 5-10 mins and drained.
(5) finally, bring the lemongrass soup to boil and add in cooked tang yuan. Let them cook for another 15 mins over medium heat and it's ready to serve.