Extraordinary Long Bean Mixed Rice
2-1/3 cups water
1-1/2 cup white rice
1/2 cup glutinous rice
200gm long beans, trimmed the end & cut small
50gm dried shrimp, soaked
50gm dried oyster, soaked
1 inch ginger, julienned
3 shallots , sliced
1 TB dark soy sauce (add more if you prefer darker)
2 TB light soy sauce
1/3 tspn salt
1/4 tspn pepper
1/2 tspn vegetables granule
For Topping : 100gm salted fish (rinsed & fried till golden brown)
(1) rinsed & drained both rice and set aside for 30 mins.
(2) preheat wok/frying pan with 1/3 cup cooking oil, saute ginger, shallot & dried shrimp till fragrant.
(3) next, stir in dried oyster, both rice and all the seasoning, cook everything till dry & nicely combined over low heat.
(4) transfer everything into rice cooker then add in water, let it cook till done.
(5) and not to forget, stir in long beans when rice just about to cook. Let to stand for 10-15 mins before serving.
(6) once its ready, serve rice with salted fish.
'mei xiang' salted fish. Oooo..... those 'mei xiang' salted fish reminds me of my home town famous clay pot chicken rice. Slurppp....