BBC Food Blog by Paul Hollywood. I knew this would be something that I shouldn't miss out. I have yet tried out any savory danish so far and the BBC one is definitely tempted me to make more after this. And I'm already planning for one now for my upcoming post. hehe....
And here's what I did.
500gm bread flour
4 TB sugar
1 TB yeast
1 egg (do not beat)
1-1/2 tspn salt
*250gm margarine (Planta brand)
(1) combine flour, sugar, yeast into a big mixing bowl and mix well.
(2) stir in milk & egg to form a soft dough then mix in salt till combined.
(3) leave dough to rest for an hour or till double in size.
(4) punch dough to release air and knead till smooth, keep dough into a large plastic bag and nicely sealed.
(5) now, keep dough refrigerated for at least 2-3 hours or till dough became really chilled or you may keep into freezer for an hour or so. This to slow down the dough from fermentation and its much easier for the folding session.
(6) once dough its ready, place it to a floured working table and roll dough into 12x24" size.
(7) spread on margarine to half of the flatten dough then cover with the other half and make sure its nicely sealed.
(8) for further folding, please refer here.
(9) finally, keep refrigerated for about 1-2 hours before used.
Ingredients for cream cheese custard :
250gm cream cheese, softened
1 lime juice & rinds
(1) beat cream cheese & sugar till creamy.
(2) stir in lime juice, lime rinds and eggs then beat till combined.
(3) cook mixture over double boiler till thickened.
(4) cool custard before used.
Ingredients for sugar frosting :
1 cup icing sugar
2 tspn lime juice & rinds
(combine everything & mix well then drizzle to pastry)
* 1/2 cup of fruit jam for topping
(1) roll dough into 12x24" size then cut into 10 portions from the longer side.
(2) carefully twist each dough then roll into circle and press to center.
(3) leave twisted dough to slightly grease baking tray for about 30 mins or till double in size.
(4) brush with egg glazing then fill center with cream cheese custard and top with any jam as desired.
(5) finally, bake at preheated oven 190'C for about 25 min or till golden brown.
(6) cooled then decorate the top with lime flavour sugar frosting.
I'm sending this to Yeastspotting @ Wild Yeast Blog.