Whateverso, we still need to feed ourselves well. Right ??? haha..... So, I made something different today for the celebration. Something sweet without the animals fat what you called gelatine. Gelatine is often used in making no bake cheese cake or jelly to work as a gelling agent. In my experiment, I am actually trying to replace gelatine with agar-agar powder instead. Agar-agar powder is another form of gelatinous substance which came from algae. More healthy compare to gelatine and it actually works quite well too.
Ingredients for crust base :
250gm TIGER biscuit / graham biscuit
120gm butter, melted
Place biscuit into a big plastic bag & sealed. Then crushed biscuit with rolling pin by rolling it over the bag or you can use an electric grinder to do the job. Now, pour finely crushed biscuit to a big mixing bowl then stir in melted butter and mix well. Finally, press mixture to a 8" spring foam tray and keep refrigerated till set.
Ingredients for tofu cream cheese filling :
500gm cream cheese, softened at room temperature
300gm pressed tofu (1 packet)
100gm icing sugar
1/2 cup milk
2 tspn instant coffee powder
200gm chocolate, thinly chopped
1/2 cup milk
1 tspn agar-agar powder
(1) place ingredients (A) into a big mixing bowl, beat till mixture nice & smooth then set aside.
(2) now for ingredients (B), combine milk & coffee powder and bring to boil then off the heat and add in chocolate chunks, stir till chocolate completely melted.
(3) pour in mixture (B) into mixture (A) and continue beating till everything well combined, then set aside.
(4) mix together ingredients (C) and heat till agar-agar powder completely melted and mixture begins to thicken.
(5) remove mixture (C) from heat and slowly stir into cream cheese mixture and beat till well mixed.
(6) finally, pour cream cheese mixture to biscuit base pan and keep refrigerated till set or overnight preferable before serving.
For decorations :
1 cup whipping cream (whipped before entering to pipping bag)
2 TB cocoa powder for dusting
2 cups mini marshmallow, optional (cause it made of gelatine as well)
Enjoy & have a fabulous day everyone and don't forget to join me at 'International Yeasted Recipe' by submitting your beautiful creations. Looking forward to seeing you. Have fun !