recipe here) was in pound cake form without soaking the sugee flour. The cake turned out beautifully though but a bit dense. Overall, it was good but not exactly the flavour that I'm looking for. And here I am experimenting another form of sugee cake with condensed milk.
Denise @ Singapore Shiok and some other site, I was curious about the difference between the none soaked and soaked semolina flour. I knew it I'll have to try it out myself. And for your info, Sugee flour is also known as semolina flour
So, here's what I did.
250gm butter, melted
140gm sugee flour/semolina flour
1 canned condensed milk
160gm all purpose flour
1-1/2 tspn baking powder
1/2 tspn salt
a few drops of Vanilla Flavoured Stevia Liquid @ Nunaturals
(1) soaked semolina flour into melted butter for about 30 minutes.
(2) mix together all purpose flour, baking powder & salt in a bowl.
(3) in another big mixing bowl, place in butter mixture, condensed milk, sugar & eggs and beat till well combined.
(3) now, stir in flour mixture into the batter and mix well. Add in vanilla drops.
(4) pour batter into a 8" spring form tray lined with parchment paper.
(5) spread on the blueberries then cover with streusel topping, recipe as shown below.
(7) finally, bake at preheated oven 175'C for about an hour or till tester came out clean.
(8) let the cake rest for 15 minutes before releasing it from the pan.
Ingredients for Streusel topping :
1 cup all purpose flour
100gm cold butter, chopped
100gm brown sugar
3 tspn cinnamon powder
Mix everything together and hand mixed till everything well combined. Keep refrigerated for about 90 minutes before used or freeze it for an hour.
the first one I made not long ago. The texture is soft and moist......and its in golden colour. Absolutely, gorgeous ! The additional topping is simply delish. Can't wait to have another piece of it. Hope you guys will love it too !
Enjoy & have a fabulous day everyone.
*I'm sending this to Foodie Friday.