Purple Sweet Potato Bun
Ingredients for Sweet Potato Bun dough :
350gm bread flour / high protein flour
2-1/2 TB sugar
1-3/4 tspn yeast
1/2 tspn salt
150gm mashed purple sweet potato
100ml warm milk
1 egg, do not beat
70gm cold butter, chopped
* 1 beatened egg yolk for glazing
*1 cup grated cheddar cheese & 1/2 cup sugar for topping
(1) mix together mashed sweet potato with milk, stir well.
(2) combine flour, sugar, yeast and salt into a big mixing bowl and mix well.
(3) stir in milk mixture and egg to form a soft dough, then add in butter and continue kneading the dough for another 3 minutes.
(4) leave dough to rest for an hour or till double in size.
(5) once ready, punch dough to release extra air then again knead till smooth.
(6) divide dough into 16 portions (about 50gm each), let them rest on the working table for 5 minutes.
(7) shape each into a ball then place it to a 9" greased pan, again let to rest for 45 minutes. (depends on room temperature, warmer room temperature performs better or you may let them sit in the oven and place in a cup of warm water on the bottom rack)
(8) once its ready, brush on egg glazing and then spread on the cheese and sprinkle on the sugar.
(9) finally, bake at preheated oven 180'C for about 20-25 minutes or till brown.
I'm sending this to International Yeasted Recipe # April. & Yeastspotting @ Wild Yeast Blog.