Thursday, June 26, 2014

Gluten-Free & Eggless Chocolate Steamed Cake


Here comes the once a year time picnic event created by Louise @ Months of Edible Celebrations. As usual we will have to pick a letter from A to Z then bringing in the designated food to the party on the same day. And this year, I was a bit late to pick up the letter but still considered as a lucky pick that I got the letter 'G'. :o) Soooo.... after a long consideration, I finally decided to bring in something healthy and something that even a celiac eater can enjoy along with us. Here's my gluten-free chocolate steamed cake. It is not just gluten-free but eggless as well. So, its suitable for any vegan guests too. Isn't that wonderful !

The following recipe is actually inspired by Victoria Bakes. I fell in love with it at first sight. Victoria used smaller cups for the cakes which caused the perfect rose. And here's what I did.
Ingredients :
70gm  rice flour
30gm  cocoa powder
1 tspn   baking powder
50gm   sugar
130ml   water
a few drops of NuNaturals Chocolate Flovoured Liquid (optional)
some chocolate chips, highly recommended

Method :
(1) combine all dry ingredients into a big bowl and mix well.
(2) stir in water and flavoured liquid then mix to combine.
(3) divide mixture into 3-4 paper cups top with some chocolate chips and steam for 12 minutes over high heat.
(4) discharge the cakes and let to cool on a rack immediately.

Louise, I made two dozen of these lovely cakes. Do you think its enough for everyone? :o) Hope you guys will love it too. Enjoy & have fun at the party everyone.

And here's the letters what everyone bringing in to the party before the letter "G".

A ~  Angel Food Cake                                                                
B ~  Basil Leaves In Caramelized Prawns
C ~  Chicken Piccata
D ~  Darned Easy Potato Salad
E ~ Eccles Cakes Filled With Leeks, Spinach & Blue Cheese
F ~ Forth Of July Picnic S'more Tartlet
G ~ Gluten-free & Eggless Chocolate Steamed Cake

I'm sending this to Foodie Friday.

25 comments:

Sokehah Cheah said...

These resambles the 'fatt koh'. Choc ones will be yummy to!

Catherine said...

Looks wonderful and chocolate is always delicious! Blessings, Catherine

~ Nee ~ said...

Just delicious , can't wait for the Picnic to began ... save a place for me on your blanket ;-D

~~louise~~ said...

Hi Kristy!

Two dozen Kristy??? I do believe I could eat that many myself!!! Oh okay, I will share:) There's going to be so many goodies at our picnic this year Kristy. How thoughtful of you do think about those with gluten intolerance and egg free too!!!

They sure do look delcious, Kristy. It seems amazing that they would steam up in 12 minutes! I really must look into these steaming methods:)

Thank you so much for "playing" the Picnic Game Kristy. You did GREAT! We are going to have so much fun hopping around from blanket to blanket like blogging kiddies:) "See" you there and tell Nee to save room for me!!!

Nammi said...

Wow, looks so nice and fluffy and delicious!!

j3ss kitch3n said...

smiley huat kueh!! beautiful!

Medeja said...

They look so soft and spongy!

Rebecca Subbiah said...

these look great so soft

Ivy Sew said...

Hi Kristy, your eggless steamed chocolate cake is so healthy and delish. So, I will surely spread my blanket next to you. See you at the picnic and regards :)

Pamela said...

My dear Kristy! I would love to go to that picnic, with such delicious dishes, I've seen some others already. But this gluten free cakes are just marvelous for me, I want to try them right away!! Big hugs.

kitchen flavours said...

Hi Kristy,
These cakes are lovely! I have not eaten steamed cakes for ages, and glad that you are bringing your lovely cakes to the picnic! :)
See you!

Cakelaw said...

What beautiful cakes - I like the rose shape.

Mae Travels said...

No picnic is complete without chocolate!

best... mae at maefood.blogspot.com... letter "C"

Gloria Baker said...

Look delicious!!

Barbara said...

Hi Kristy! I haven't checked in with you for ages! Hope all is well.

Love your chocolate "rose" cupcakes! So cute and a great idea for Louise's Picnic game. Anything as portable as a cupcake is perfect and when it's chocolate, even better!
Have a great weekend!
Barbara

Vivian Pang said...

Me too love these muffins at first sight. Not sure when will steam it. You make me feel like make these muffins as soon as possible :)

Edith C said...

Thanks for bringing this to the picnic, I have yet to eat a gluten free steam cake.

Diane Balch said...

I have to try your steaming techinque for baked goods. Pinned this.

~~louise~~ said...

Hi Kristy!
Boy oh boy, I sure am glad I brought some extra containers to the picnic. I almost didn't get any of cakes, whew! (thanks for the tip:)

Thank you again, Kristy for "playing" the Pcinci Game. I really think everyone had more than enough to eat and a wonderful time too!!!

Marjie said...

Egg free is great for those of us who have to avoid cholesterol! And who doesn't love chocolate? Great picnic treat!

I Wilkerson said...

I have had some great vegan baked goods (esp chocolate). Can't wait to try yours!

SissySees said...

I'm sure there are none left now, so I'll just have to make my own! They look and sound fab!!

Dottie said...

Hi Kristy, Just wanted to say hello to the person who is an amazing cook! I love the idea of these little cakes. I never would have thought about no eggs, and gluten free. Yours look so rich, light, fluffy, and chocolatey. I have to try this recipe. I usually don't cook gluten free but its worth a try. Thanks so much for sharing this little goodie with us, I hope you have some left, so I can take at least one home. Have a blessed day Dottie :)

Elisabeth Pregadio said...

Hi Cristy, just realized I did not type in the text code, and now I deleted my previous comment.
So thrilled to be a part of the fun Picnic, and will stay in touch with you. I truly love your light, fluffy, pretty, and yummy cupcakes.
Can't believe there's no eggs in the batter!
Thanks for the follow...following you, as well!

Elisabeth Pregadio said...

I just realized I spelled your name with a C...Kristy! (sorry abt that)

In the same token...you can spell my name with a Z...(mine is spelled with an S...for Elisabeth)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...