However, don't forget about the Dutch apple pie as well and here's what I did.
Ingredients for pastry crust :
2 cups all purpose flour
2 TB sugar
pinch of salt
115gm cold butter, diced (or margarine for vegan)
4 TB cold water
(1) combine flour, sugar & salt into a big bowl and mix well.
(2) add in cold butter then use your fingertips to rub the butter into the flour till became crumble.
(3) once its ready, add in cold water to bind the mixture to form dough.
(4) then wrap dough with a plastic sheet and keep refrigerated for 20 minutes before using.
8 large green apples, diced
3/4 cup raisins
1 lemon juice & rinds
1 lime juice & rinds
1 cup brown sugar
1 tspn cinnamon powder
1 tspn nutmeg powder
2 TB all purpose flour (optional)
8 slices large soda cracker, finely crushed
(combine everything and mixed well except butter, set aside)
*50gm butter, chopped (or margarine)
1 cup all purpose flour
1/3 cup brown sugar
100 gm butter (or margarine for vegan)
(combine everything and mix to form a dough then keep refrigerated for 15 minutes before using)
(1) place pastry dough to a floured working table then roll into a flat round sheet about 10" for 9" tray or as desired width. Then carefully place pastry sheet to tray then fold the edges or anything as desired or you may refer here.
(2) next, spoon the apple fillings into the pastry tray and then spread the top with chopped butter and follow by covering the top with streusel topping (by breaking the dough into small pieces).
(3) finally, bake at preheated oven at 185'C for about 40-45 minutes.
I'm sending this to Little Thumbs Up .