Tuesday, September 4, 2012
Awesome Apple Pie
Now, here's what I did.
7 large apples, skinned & cored the center
1/2 cup hazelnut / walnut meal
2 TB brown sugar
1 tspn cinnamon powder
Ingredients for topping :
4 egg white
2 TB sugar
(whisk ingredients till stiffed, set aside)
4 egg yolk
2 TB sugar
4 TB all purpose flour
1 tspn baking powder
4 TB corn oil
(beat yolk & sugar till fluffy, stir in flour + baking powder & corn oil till everything well combined & smooth)
To Assemble : fold ingredients (A) into (B) by 3 batches till everything well combined. Do not over mix the batter.
(1) stir together hazelnut, cinnamon powder & sugar, mix well.
(2) place apples to a 9" baking tray lined with parchment paper, filled apple with hazelnut mixture. Make sure its well stuffed by pressing in the mixture.
(3) finally, bake at preheated oven 210'C for about 10 mins.
(4) now without cooling the baked apples, pour in the top mixture.
(5) and bake at preheated oven at 180'C for about 20-25 mins or till golden brown.
* Please take note of the amount of flour used here is 4 TB instead of 2 TB as written earlier.