Tuesday, September 4, 2012

Awesome Apple Pie

Does it look pretty strange to you..... what kind of apple pie is this you must be wondering ? ha... I am actually totally drool over this strange looking dessert ever since long ago and have finally put everything together to make it work on last weekend. My kids are loving it. It was so easy to prepare by only using very simple ingredients. I was truly amazed by the outcome. Sweet warm & tender apple with amazing tasty hazelnut filling plus fluffy soft sponge topping. What else can I say more!

Now, here's what I did.
Ingredients :
7 large apples, skinned & cored the center
1/2 cup  hazelnut / walnut meal
2 TB brown sugar
1 tspn  cinnamon powder

Ingredients for topping :
(A)
4 egg white
2 TB  sugar
(whisk ingredients till stiffed, set aside)

(B)
4 egg yolk
2 TB  sugar
4 TB  all purpose flour
1 tspn  baking powder
4 TB  corn oil
(beat yolk & sugar till fluffy, stir in flour + baking powder & corn oil till everything well combined & smooth)

To Assemble : fold ingredients (A) into (B) by 3 batches till everything well combined. Do not over mix the batter.

Method :
(1) stir together hazelnut, cinnamon powder & sugar, mix well.
(2) place apples to a 9" baking tray lined with parchment paper, filled apple with hazelnut mixture. Make sure its well stuffed by pressing in the mixture.
(3) finally, bake at preheated oven 210'C for about 10 mins.
(4) now without cooling the baked apples, pour in the top mixture.
(5) and bake at preheated oven at 180'C for about 20-25 mins or till golden brown.

* Please take note of the amount of flour used here is 4 TB instead of 2 TB as written earlier.

The sponge like topping looks super gorgeous. The apples are nicely covered but not fully. Maybe by increasing the topping ingredients to 5 eggs, 5 TB sugar, 5TB flour & 5TB corn oil....will sure help.

I guarantee you this pie will surely brings you smiling faces the whole day. Be happy !

28 comments:

Amelia said...

Hi Kristy, I drop by for supper. LOL
Your apple pie look really good and delicious. The texture look so soft.

Thanks for sharing the recipe.
Have a great week ahead.

Rosita Vargas said...

Es una tarta muy linda y deliciosa te ha quedado perfecta,abrazos hugs,hugs.

Food, Fun and Life in the Charente said...

I love apples cooked and this looks really yummy. Have a good week. Diane

Pamela said...

OHHH KRISTY , I LOVED THIS RECIPE, I'M ALWAYS LOOKING FOR NEW APPLE RECIPES, I AM SURE WE WILL LOVE THIS. BIG HUGS

MaryMoh said...

Goodness me....looks like it's put of the world! Never seen such a special apple pie. Looks really delicious. Love how soft the topping is. I do need a big slice! :D

WokandSpoon said...

Apple chiffon cake!! You created it! I can almost smell it from here! Lovely

Dumpling Love said...

This is very interesting, Kristy! I'm amazed by the little amount of flour in it actually..

Medeja said...

It looks great! So soft! And how interesting to make the cake like this with full apples!

Lizzy Do said...

Oh, boy, my mouth is watering!!! What an amazing idea for a pie...and so much easier than the traditional apple pie :)

Jess @ Bakericious said...

Kristy, this cake looks awesome like you have claimed, so tempting to bake it now.

Elin said...

Kristy...you are amazing and your apple pie cake looks delicious and easy to make too :) You are so creative ! You too have a nice day. I have been busy watching korean dramas and chasing after the HK dramas :p so I have indeed spend more time on the stupid box than the oven :)))

TasteHongKong said...

True to the title, your pie looks awesome. I also like the generous amount of apples and hazel nuts in it : )!

Belinda @zomppa said...

It is most unusual, but I'm all over it! Love that sponginess!

Vivian Pang said...

Looking at the pictures can't tell only made from so little flour. I'm sure this topping can go well with other fruits as well. Thanks for the inspiration!

Sutapa said...

Hi Kristy
Your apple pie is awesomely delicious
.....pack me and I guarantee you will see me smile the whole year!:)

Kumi said...

That really looks awesome!! Wish I could have a slice. :-)

Zoe said...

Hi Kristy,
What an unique way of baking an apple pie! Like you said, I think this pie looks really awesome! Bookmarked this recipe :D
Zoe

Honey Bee Sweets said...

I knew I can find something wonderful everytime I come your place! Another creative bake, such fluffy cake apple pie...drools! Will definitely give this one a shot. ;)

MiMi Bakery House said...

awfully tempting... this pie looks great!!!

Jeannie Tay said...

Hi Kristy, I just got the time to really read through the recipe and I need your confirmation about the amount of flour needed. Should it be 4 tablespoons or 2? I love how the pie looks and intend to bake it soon:)

Sonia ~ Nasi Lemak Lover said...

Kristy, you always amaze me with your bake, this look so special, it should call as apple cake but not pie, hehehe..maybe next time i can try with other stone fruits.

Angie's Recipes said...

Kristy, this is such a creative way to make apple cake. Love the sponge topping.

Mich - Piece of Cake said...

This is the first time I have come across this way of making apple pie! What a great idea... it looks so delicious.

Amy @ uTryIt said...

I'm not really a pie person but I love your version! Love that sponge topping on it. ;)

Quay Po Cooks said...

First time see apple pie like this Kristy. I would love a piece.

Andrea said...

Apples, cinnamon, & nuts is a lovely combo. Your apple pie sounds wonderful!

Lyndsey Chapin said...

I doesn't look like my mom's apple pie that's for sure. It does look yummy though...almost like an apple coffee cake. Looks interesting how you made it.

Little Inbox said...

I love it in this soft texture. Yummy!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...