Monday, September 17, 2012

Lebanese Sweet Nuts Bread


Lebanese cuisine is another challenging work. Honestly, I have yet had time to really go into it but one major ingredient that already stuck into my brain since long ago. The famous tahini paste ! Tahini is often used in making dipping sauce and also many other middle east cooking. It is made mainly by ground sesame seeds blend together with olive oil. I love sesame seeds a lot cause it has such unique aroma that is simply irresistible. However, I have tried to make my own tahini but too bad lack of sesame powder and for a twist I decided to use mixed ground nuts & seeds on this recipe. And here's what I did.

Ingredients for dough :
1 tspn yeast
120ml water
200gm all purpose flour
2 tspn sugar
1 TB oil

Ingredients for Mixed nuts filling :
4 TB ground roasted peanut
4 TB ground roasted hazelnut
2 TB ground roasted white or black sesame
2 tspn cinnamon powder
1 tbsp lemon zest
3/4 cup olive oil
(combine all ingredient and blend to form paste)

Method :
(1) combine yeast, water and sugar together, leave to rest for 5 mins.
(2) stir in flour to form a soft dough and knead untill smooth.
(3) keep the dough cover and leave to rest for 2-3 hours to rise.
(4) divide dough into 2 portions or 4 portions for smaller sizes.
(5)  roll out flat into rectangle shape and spread on the nuts mixture.
(6)  roll it up like a swiss roll and then again flatten it by rolling pin.
(7) finally, bake at preheated oven 190'C untill brown.

I really enjoy the crispy crust very much. Plus the aroma of mixed nuts & seeds is definitely a double joy. How could you resist to have this with a cup of your favourite coffee ! Yummmm.... Have a great Monday everyone. Enjoy !
*
I'm sending this to Wild Yeast @ Yeastspotting & Bake Your Own Bread.

20 comments:

Nammi said...

ooooooh! lovely looking bread

Angie's Recipes said...

Looks lovely! It reminds me how we shape Chinese spring onion pancakes.

Belinda @zomppa said...

Goodness - these are gorgeous - looks so pully and soft.

Cathy at Wives with Knives said...

Your bread sounds so delicious, Kristy. I would love that nut filling.

Lizzy Do said...

What a gorgeous loaf! I love the swirls in the slices :)

Ann@Anncoo Journal said...

Kristy, You're really good at making bread. These looks so delicious. Perfect for my morning breakfast :)

Medeja said...

The filling sounds so delicious that I think I could eat it alone :)

Edith said...

Kristy, just when I am wondering what else can I do with the tahini paste that was given to me. Your recipe comes at the right time!

Jess @ Bakericious said...

Kristy, can spare some for my breakfast? looks so delicious.

Jeannie Tay said...

I am always gamed for unique looking recipes....this is one of them.

Vivian Pang said...

Special way of shaping bread. Sounds yummy filling.

lena said...

there's always something new to learn each time coming to your blog :) new bread and new way of shaping a bread! thanks, my dear!

WokandSpoon said...

You have serious bread baking talent! All my bread turns out hard and dry. This looks lovely.

Amy said...

This is such a beautiful bread. I love tahini paste! It's so flavorful and delicious. I can almost take your beautiful bread...guess I'll have to make some in my kitchen soon.

Sonia ~ Nasi Lemak Lover said...

I think i will like this bread because i like bread with nuts.

Mich - Piece of Cake said...

Hi Kristy, I love the pretty swirls in this bread. The filling suites me very well... I think I shall do this for my next loaf :)

Zoe said...

Love all the lovely nutty swirls embedded inside this bread... very pretty :D

Barbara Bakes said...

What a beautiful bread. Love the fun picture of the swirls when it's cut.

Connie said...

What a delicious looking bread. I love the nuts and the shape. I put it on my list of breads to bake. Thanks for sharing this with us at BYOB!

Heather Schmitt-Gonzalez said...

I'm a huge fan of sesame seed anything...but I LOVE your use of nuts in the swirl. I think I would find this loaf irresistible! Just beautiful, thank you for adding it to the BYOB bread basket this month :D

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...