Asian Herbal Rice Salad @ Nasi Ulam Ber~oat

As mentioned on my previous post, I'm going to post a rice salad recipe here today. Here it is, nasi ulam is one of many famous Malay cuisines originated from northern Malaysia. It also brings the meaning of Asian herbal rice salad. Honestly, I have yet tried it before.....NOT untill today.

Without wasting further I am trying my first batch of rice salad with my previous mushroom oat rice. Of coz, you can also use plain rice or preferably to use unpolished rice (highly recommended).

Ingredients :
2 cups  mushroom oat rice
1 turmeric leaf, thinly sliced
1 cup  basil leaves, thinly sliced
1 cup  mint leaves, thinly sliced
2 ginger flower petal, thinly sliced
1/2 cup   roasted coconut
2 TB  fried onion

Method :

cover the rice with all the thinly sliced herbal leaves & all other ingredients, then mix them up, finally serve with curry or meat rendang and pickled salad

*you can either add more varieties of herbal leaves or reduce some of it according your personal likes.

This is definitely another healthy menu but not such yummy meal for kids. haha.... I'll have to say this rice salad goes just beautifully delish with meat rendang or masak lemak (thick coconut gravy) and also with spicy sweet dark soy sauce chicken.
*
I'm sending this to Suresh @ Muhibbah Malaysian Monday.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...