Cheese Pastry With Mayo Tuna Spread


Recently, I always looking forward to the weekend so that I can spend some time making myself some really delicious bake smoky hot from my oven. Gosh, you have no idea how much I missed my oven. haha.... I wanna to hug & give it a real big kiss every weekend. After the preparation of dinner on last Saturday, I still have time to make myself a batch of quickie baked. Yeap, I made these scrumptious savoury pastry with canned tuna spread just like the bread I made a few weeks back. It was an easy & quick recipe which is perfect for anytime.

And here's what I did.
Ingredients for dough :
(A)
300gm  all purpose flour
3 TB  sugar
1/4 tspn  salt
2 tspn  baking powder

(B)
100gm   shredded cheddar cheese

(C)
100ml   milk
100ml  corn oil
1 tspn  vanilla essence

*egg glaze : 1 yolk + 1/2 TB milk
*filling  :  1 tin canned tuna mixed with mayonnaise

Method :
(1) combine ingredients (A) into a big bowl, mix well.
(2) rub in ingredient (B) till well combined.
(3) stir in ingredients (C) to form a soft dough and then knead to smooth.
(4) immediately roll dough out flat about 10x10" size and then divide into 9 equal square pastry sheet.
(5) place in filling and brush every corner with egg glaze and fold dough over to keep the fillings nicely cover.
(6) next, brush the top pastry with egg glaze and sprinkle either some sesame seeds or ground hazelnut.
(7) finally bake at preheated oven 185-195'C for about 15 mins or till nicely brown.


See what I mean ? These homemade savory pastry looks as marvelous as from a 5 stars restaurant & quick to prepare too. So, I ended up taking these as my dinner instead of the masak merah fish. haha..... Honestly, it is really delicious. Hope you guys will love it too. Enjoy !
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...