Friday, September 14, 2012

Mushroom Oat Rice

I personally enjoy rolled oats a lot and I was totally tempted to try this recipe since long ago when I saw it posted on a magazine. I was so attracted to the way how oat is used actually....it seems like a brand new rice menu to me. But for sure, hubby won't like this very much. For him, rice means RICE....so don't try to mess up with it ! haha.....

And here's what I did.
Ingredients : (serve 4-6)
2 cups   rolled oat
1 cup   basmati rice (long grain)
2-1/4 cups  water
1 pkt  white beech mushroom / porcini mushroom
1 TB  sesame oil
1 TB  fried onion oil
2 TB  light soy sauce
a dash of ground pepper

Method :
(1) put together rolled oat, rice & water into rice cooker and then on the switch, leave to cook.
(2) on the other hand, marinade mushroom with soy sauce, pepper and sesame oil.
(3) once the rice oat is ready, stir in mushroom & mix well then off the rice cooker & set aside.

Ta...Da.... here you are.... mushroom oat rice ! It looks so healthy and also a perfect meal for diabetics. Coming next is a wonderful rice salad. So stay tune guys !

12 comments:

Honey Bee Sweets said...

Oh nice, I've come at the time right to have this delicious and healthy oat mushroom rice! I was thinking about savoury oat dishes and there you are again with new ideas! thanks Kristy, have a great weekend! ;)

~~louise~~ said...

What an intriguing recipe, Kristy. Never would I think to put oats and rice together and yet it seems to work quite nicely.

I hope your hubby liked it too, lol...

Thanks for sharing...

ICook4Fun said...

I've start eating 7 grains rice and they do include oats in it. I like your idea of making savoury rice with it. I should try this out.

Shirley Tay said...

Such a healthy dish & I love mushrooms!

Hey Kristen, come & join my Vitacost US$50 International Giveaways! Good luck & see u there!

Rosita Vargas said...

Muy lindos los hongos y su receta muy sabrosa me encanta también el arroz,abrazos hugs,hugs.

Jeannie Tay said...

This dish sounds delicious:

Belinda @zomppa said...

What a great hearty dish!! Love the mushrooms.

TasteHongKong said...

Roll oats with rice is great to me, though I usually add a fraction to the rice. I'm too attracted by your healthy dish

Nammi said...

I am missing my Flavours magazines :(. Rice looks just like the one on the mag, looks yumm.

Angie's Recipes said...

This sounds so much more delicious than a simple plain steamed rice. Love those mushrooms you used in the rice.

lena said...

haha! i was laughing when i read that you said dont mess up the rice, rice is rice..how would anyone thought by adding rolled oats to rice and mushrooms can make such a healthy and delicious meal?

Mich Piece of Cake said...

Oh now I get how to make mushroom oat rice :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...