Ingredients for bao dough :
500gm all purpose flour
2 TB sugar
1-3/4 tspn yeast
2 TB shortening
(1) combine flour, sugar & yeast into a big bowl then add in water to mix well.
(2) once soft dough is formed add in shortening and continue kneading till everything well cooperated. (dough can be hand knead easily)
(3) keep dough cover and rest for an hour or till double the size.
(4) once its ready, punch and knead dough till smooth to release excess air.
(5) now, place dough to working table (omit the flour) and divide into 20 equal portions.
Ingredients for dou yong fillings :
1 kg pandanus mung bean paste (divide into 20 equal portions, about 50gm each)
250gm chicken floss (spicy flavour)
Note : I used store bought mung bean paste. For homemade paste, please refer here.
Press mung bean paste to make a hole then place in chicken floss and press to fit. Slowly seal it to form a ball.
(1) start with one bao dough, fold bao dough inwards till a ball like dough is formed. Then flatten it with a rolling pin to form a disk.
(2) fill in the twin flavour mung bean paste and wrap to seal by pleading dough to the center (just like making bao)
(3) as soon as you completed everything, its about time to get them into hot oil and starts frying them till golden brown. Its best to serve warm.