Mantou Flower Roll. In the recipe, I added in extra wheat bran to suit my personal taste. And of course, extra water is needed cause the absorption level is slightly higher. Mantou is slightly different from the common luxury steamed bun. The texture should be firm and not overly fluffy.
450gm bao flour
150gm wheat bran flour
2 tspn yeast
2 TB brown sugar
2 TB shortening
(1) combine flour, wheat bran, sugar & yeast into a big mixing bowl then stir in water till everything well mixed.
(2) add in shortening and continue kneading till well cooperated, and soft dough is form then set aside to rest for an hour or till double in size.
(3) when its ready, punch and knead dough till smooth to release excess air. Then divide dough into 12 portions (about 74gm each).
(4) flatten dough will rolling pin into oblong shape then brush on a bit of cooking oil.
(5) now, make a few cuts in the center (refer here as picture shown) , then roll dough from both end to met at the center point.
(6) next, turn dough around and place it to parchment papers then set aside to rest for about 30 minutes.
(7) finally, steam dough at preheated steamer for about 15 minutes.
Note : you may keep these mantou into freezer and reheat it at anytime when needed.