endocarp, for instance peach, plum, cherry, apricot, nectarine, prune etc. So, I found a rustic recipe from here, which tempted me to start one immediately.
2-1/2 cups all purpose flour
1 tspn baking powder
1 tspn salt
2/3 cup sugar
170gm butter, at room temperature
1 tspn vanilla essence
1 cup fresh cherry, pitted
1 piece peach, cut small
1 TB brown sugar
(1) combine flour & baking powder then mix well and set aside.
(2) whisk butter, salt, vanilla & sugar till fluffy then add in egg one at a time and beat till well cooperated.
(3) now, fold flour mixture into butter mixture till sticky dough is formed.
(4) then keep dough refrigerated for 30-40 minutes to set.
(6) when ready, place 2/3 of the chilled dough to a 8" greased pan and flatten it by pressing it gently to the pan.
(7) now, spread on the fruits then cover it with the remaining chilled dough by tearing it into pieces, as picture shown above.
(8) finally, bake at preheated oven 180'C for about 30 minutes or till nicely brown.
(9) leave to cool for 30 minutes before serving.
So, enjoy & have a fantastic week ahead everyone !