Flaky Pastry Pineapple Tart 香脆凤梨酥
140gm cold butter, diced
1 egg yolk
240gm all purpose flour
1/2 tspn vanilla essence
1 TB cold milk
1/2 tspn salt
*egg glazing ~ 1 egg yolk + 1 tspn milk
*some black sesame for decoration
*350gm pineapple paste (divide into 12gm each)
Or Taiwan pineapple paste
(1) mix cold butter and sugar with a folk till everything combined.
(2) now, add in egg yolk, milk & vanilla essence and beat till cooperated.
(3) stir in flour & salt till soft dough is form then knead by hand to put dough together, wrap with plastic sheet and keep chilled for 20 minutes.
(4) when ready, divide dough into 20gm each and wrap in pineapple paste. Roll dough into a ball and shape it with a mould press as preference.
(5) arrange all shaped dough into baking tray lined with parchment paper then keep chilled for 10 minutes, before going into the oven.
(6) once its ready, brush shaped dough with egg glazing then sprinkle some sesame seeds to the center. (I used leftover egg white and it works well too)
(8) when done, leave cool on tray for 10 minutes before transferring to wire rack to cool for storage.