Extra Flaky Duo Kaya Puff 超香脆双料咖椰角
And here's what I did. (Recipe adapted from here)
Ingredients for pastry dough crust :
250gm all purpose flour
50gm cold butter, chopped
130ml warm water
1 TB sugar
a pinch of salt
100gm margarine or shortening (I used shortening)
* extra flour for working table
For fillings : one jar of peanut butter spread & one jar of kaya jam
Egg glazing : one yolk mixed with 1 tspn milk
some sesame seeds for topping (optional)
(1) dissolved sugar & salt into warm water then set aside to cool.
(2) put together flour and butter then rub till became fine crumb.
(3) stir water mixture into flour mixture till soft dough is formed.
(4) wrap dough with plastic sheet and keep chilled for 15 minutes.
(5) now, roll dough to 1cm thickness and spread on 90gm of margarine then fold flat dough into half, seal the edges and chill for 30 minutes.
(6) again, roll chilled dough to 1cm thickness, make a single fold (no need to seal) then keep chilled to set for 15 minutes.
(7) now, roll chilled dough to 1cm thickness for the final round, make a single fold (no need to seal) then keep chilled to set for 30 minutes.