Braised Chicken Feet Mushroom 冬菇焖鸡脚
1/2 kg of chicken feet
6-7 dried shitake mushroom, soaked in warmed water till soften
5 inches (2 pcs) ginger, sliced
2 shallots, sliced
1 TB garlic, chopped
3 TB oyster sauce
1/2 cup light soy sauce
pepper to taste
(1) drained and cut mushroom into 3 portions each then set aside.
(2) wash chicken feet and then trim down the nails or remove the claws. Then let chicken feet rest under the sun for about 2-3 hours or till the skin is completely dry.
(5) preheat a wok with 3TB cooking oil, saute garlic, shallots and ginger till fragrant.
(6) next, add in mushrooms and chicken feet, continue cooking over medium heat for about 10 minutes, then stir in the remaining seasoning and mix well.
(7) now, add in 3 cups of water and bring it to boil. Then switch to medium heat and continue cooking with lid, for about 30 minutes or till chicken feet became tender. At this stage the gravy should look a bit starchy. If chicken feet is not soft enough, add in extra water and keep cooking for another 10-15 minutes.